I want to thank you SO much for joining me in the Sewing Wallets: Step by Step class. I’m really delighted to sew along with you. I appreciate that there was a lot to share in the class in a very limited time and not all of your questions might have been answered, so this page will become our class database of information for things like hardware, interfacing, fabric and frequently asked questions. There’s a LOT here so keep on scrolling down….
First off, let’s get all the links out of the way. If you really loved one of those fabrics you glimpsed, wanted to know what is your local equivalent of the interfacing I used, or need to know where I bought my hardware, you can find it all here.
RECOMMENDED FABRIC MARKING TOOLS:
INTERFACINGS AND STABILISERS USED IN THIS CLASS:
There are several Ultra Lightweight Interfacings available, all with different numbers. Most are nearly exactly the same, and I’ve successfully used them all on these wallets, so don’t worry if the product number isn’t the same.
CAN’T GET PELLON PRODUCTS WHERE YOU LIVE?
Interfacing alternatives for other brands/countries – useful comparison of interfacing products
BAG HARDWARE SUPPLIERS:
Many of the Etsy suppliers will send Worldwide and shipping times and costs are pretty reasonable.
- Purse Supplies R Us (USA)
- Bagmaker Supply (USA)
- Dan Supplies (Hong Kong) Great products, fast shipping, good prices.
- Mei Mei Supplies (USA)
- Being Bags (USA)
- Purse Making Supply (USA)
- 2 Minutes 2 Stitch (USA)
- Frame Your Bag (Portugal) Also sells awesome cork fabrics
- C Craft Supplies (China) Also has the most amazing fabrics!
- By Hands (USA)
- Studs and Rivets (USA)
- Everything Ribbons (USA)
- My Handmade Space (USA) – fancy zippers
HARDWARE LINKS FOR THE ITEMS USED IN THESE WALLETS
- 14mm Thin magnetic snaps or alternatives if these are sold out
- 3/4 inch swivel clips for straps or alternatives if these are sold out
- 1 inch book corner protectors or alternatives if these are sold out
- 3/4 inch d-rings or alternatives if these are sold out
- 12mm invisible magnetic snaps or alternatives if these are sold out
- 1/2 inch nickel o-rings or alternatives if these are sold out
KAM SNAPS SUPPLIERS:
- Etsy – USA (these suppliers ship to the US)
- Etsy – UK (these suppliers ship to the UK)
- Amazon USA
- Amazon UK
- Zipper Island on Etsy (USA)
- Zipper Stop on Etsy (USA)
- Fabric Made on Etsy (China)
- My Handmade Space on Etsy
My favorite suppliers for zippers. If you don’t see the exact combo or package of zippers that you want – just ask! Zippers with metal teeth, extra wide, the usual range of nylon zippers in a complete rainbow of colors. Add on buttons, zipper dangles and other bag making accessories and your bag or wallet will be complete.
OTHER TOOLS AND MATERIALS:
- Generic overcasting foot (to fit most low-shank sewing machines)
- Clear gridded ruler set
- Applique pressing sheet – available on Amazon US / Amazon Can / Amazon UK
- Wonder Clips – Amazon USA / Amazon Can / Amazon UK
FABRICS USED IN THIS CLASS:
Because the class was several years ago now, ALL of these fabrics have since been discontinued or are sold out. But the names are retained here in case you want to see if you can find them somewhere else.
- Cotton & Steel Sprinkle Peaches- sold out
- Cotton & Steel Sprinkle Kimberly Blue- sold out
- Cotton & Steel Sprinkle Petal – sold out
- Cotton & Steel Sprinkle Turquoise- sold out
- Tales of The Sea Linework Sea Life Aqua – sold out
- Tales of The Sea Linework Sea Life White – sold out
- Barnacle Bay Stripe Teal Gray – sold out
- Barnacle Bay Sand Dollars Aqua – sold out
- Camelot Under the Sea Sea Creatures Teal – sold out
- Tales of The Sea Wave Stripe Aqua – sold out
- Modkid Studio by Patty Young Cotton Fabric-Breezy Tangerine – sold out
- Curiosities Candy Aqua Sea – sold out
- Art Gallery Littlest Tenderness Grey- sold out
- Modkid Studio by Patty Young Cotton Fabric-Little Daisy – sold out
Sorry, where there are other fabrics you might see in the class, if you don’t see them above then they are most likely discontinued or unknown prints.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
You can refer to the questions and answers on the Craftsy class page here. I do visit every other day and try to answer questions promptly, but please be aware that my answers have to go through a moderation process with Craftsy before they are shown – and sometimes they just don’t show up and I have to answer again.