Kent Clutch Bag
$4.95 – $6.95
A smart zipper bag with jaunty diagonal seam and slim flat bottom. Ideal to use as a wristlet clutch bag with the removable strap. Learn how to sew custom slip pockets, and pick up other tips in the optional video sewalong.
See the full blog article for this pattern HERE. This smart wristlet clutch bag has a jaunty diagonal seam front and back, created with a slightly different construction method that does away with the centre bottom seam, although you can choose to add that back in if working with a directional fabric. I think you’ll love the option to learn the custom pocket hack technique that you can apply to the lining of all of your future bag patterns and projects to create neat slip pockets that exactly fit what you plan to carry.
This clutch has a removable wristlet strap included as standard, but add another strap connector on the other side seam and this bag is also ideal for turning into a shoulder bag or crossbody bag with a snap on adjustable strap in a length of your choice. The Kent Clutch Bag is a simple lined bag with no raw edges, a slim flat base with plenty of room inside for all of your essentials for an evening out, and a zipper with neat ends. The optional wrist strap can be snapped on to allow you to carry your purse hands free.
Features of the Kent Clutch Bag sewing pattern
- removable wristlet strap
- a flat base so the bag will sit without falling over and spilling the contents
- instructions for creating custom interior pockets that you can use in all of your sewing projects
- bulk-free zipper construction for neat zipper ends
- easy to follow pattern with clear color step-by-step photo instructions
- interesting construction method
- optional video tutorial, get the pattern with or without the video
Check out a quick preview of the Kent Clutch Bag here
This is a beginner plus level pattern. It’s a good skill builder pattern but the zipper is a little bit more tricky than the straightforward zipper pouch like the Guernsey. You will learn tips for how to sew a zipper with nice neat, dent-free ends without needing to sew zipper tabs. You’ll also create easy boxed corners for the flat base, and sew a removable wristlet strap. Other suggested skills – how to sew the invisible ladder stitch and how to sew the perfect diagonal seams.
What materials are suitable for the Kent Clutch Bag?
The Kent can be sewn with any cotton fabrics, lightweight home decor fabrics, faux suede or similar but work just as well with cork and lightweight vinyl too, making this pattern a must-have versatile pattern for every sewers collection.
This easy wristlet clutch bag comes in a single size:
Finished size – 9” long x 5.25” tall x 1.75” deep (22.5 x 13.5 x 4.5cm) approx
Materials needed to sew this easy zipper pouch
- Outer fabric of your choice – size depending on the size of bag sewn. This pattern is Fat Quarter friendly.
- Lining fabric, I recommend a quilting cotton
- Closed-end zipper 9 inches measured along the teeth.
- Woven fusible interfacing (see an interfacing comparison video here)
- Fusible fleece
- (Optional for the wrist strap) 1 x ½ inch snap hook and 1 x ½ inch D-ring
DOWNLOAD ONLY – please note this is a digital sewing pattern that must be downloaded from the site and printed at home. No paper pattern will be mailed to you. Download immediately after purchase.
|Type of instructions||
Pattern and video, Pattern only
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
You may also like…
Canterbury Zipper Pouch ( 2 sizes + video)$4.95 – $6.95
Oxford Purse (+video)$5.95 – $7.95
There are no reviews yet.