Walkies (Doggie) Crossbody Bag
Designed as a small doggy walking bag, but ideal for so much more. A cell phone pouch, small crossbody bag or grab and go essentials bag, the Walkies (Doggie) Crossbody Bag has enough space to keep your essentials on hand. You’ll love the simplicity of the design, fabric cutting, and construction.
The Walkies (Doggie) Crossbody Bag is a simple to sew fully lined crossbody cellphone pouch with a front pocket, a snap closing flap and an optional space for your doggie waste bags. It’s ideal as a doggie walking bag, just big enough to carry your phone, keys, a bit of cash, a few dog treats…and there’s an optional slot on the front of the bag where you can carry your doggie waste bags and easily pull the bag out through the slot in the pocket. Perfect!
But it’s also ideal for everyone else too, even if you don’t have a dog. It’s a nice lightweight bag, just enough for carrying essentials for an evening out or lunch with friends. Big enough to hold your phone, some cards or cash, and a lipstick and keys for date night. Everyone should sew one of these quick and easy grab and go bags!
This easy crossbody bag is Fat Quarter friendly, a quick project, very light on materials, no zippers, and requires no printing of pattern pieces. Ideal if you don’t have a printer at home. This is a measure and cut pattern. Follow the simple cutting chart using a ruler and rotary cutter, or measure onto the fabric, mark and cut with scissors. There are only three sizes to cut, all rectangles, so it’s very easy. The back/front/lining, the pocket, and the flap. Quicker than printing a pattern!
Features of the Walkies Crossbody Bag Sewing Pattern
- One main compartment and one exterior front pocket, underneath the flap
- Closes with a flap to keep things safe inside
- Use a snap fastener, button or Velcro
- Webbing strap, wear it as a shoulder bag or crossbody bag
- Big enough for your phone and case
- Quick and easy to sew
- Print free pattern
- Measurements in Inches and Centimetres
Approx 5 inches wide, 7 inches tall, ½ inch deep (12cm x 18cm x 1cm) approx
This is a beginner level sewing pattern. If you can sew a straight line with a sewing machine, with some careful sewing you can get a good result with this easy crossbody bag sewing pattern.
Recommended materials for the Walkies Crossbody Bag sewing pattern
This pouch can be sewn with any light to medium weight non-stretch fabrics. I recommend quilting weight cottons, but even old cotton bedsheets and pillow cases or old shirts can be cut up and used to sew these easy bags. Small pieces of woven interfacing and fusible fleece are also needed, and 1 inch webbing is used for the strap.
- Fabric – quilting cotton or similar fabric recommended:
Outer – One Fat Quarter (can get 3 bags from a half yard piece)
Lining – One Fat Quarter (can get 4 bag linings from a half yard piece)
- Woven fusible interfacing (such as ShapeFlex SF101) – small piece 6 x 10 inches (15cmx25cm)
- Fusible Fleece – Small piece 10 x 8 inches (25cm x 21cm)
- Lightweight webbing strapping – 1 inch wide – suggested 48 inches/ 1.33 yards (or length of your choice)
- Matching thread
- Plastic snap closure and pliers/ metal sew-in snap
- Roll of doggy poop bags (optional for gifting)
DOWNLOAD ONLY – please note this is a digital sewing pattern that must be downloaded from the site and printed at home. No paper pattern will be mailed to you. Download immediately after purchase.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.